Wednesday, March 19, 2008

First Contact

So, I've enjoyed reading other people's blogs so much that I have fanciful ideas of doing one of my my own. I've come up with a name for the blog so now social decorum dictates that there actually be content.

Yeah . . . . . I knew there'd be a catch.

You see, I''m not sure that I'll find personal fulfillment in blogging unless I find personal gratification through people reading my quips and anecdotes, then finding them interesting enough to actually comment on. I suppose that I may have to rely on the odd mercy comment by those who might love me more than others. And that may still be setting the expectation bar pretty high.

I read my sister's blog to keep up on family news and to see if I get mentioned once or twice a month. I read Bryn's blog because she can take the mundane and make it most entertaining. And she can take the embarrassing and funny, and make Jamba Juice squirt out my nose.

That is the extent of my patronage of the arts so far, so I can't expect much from the masses. Still, I will try to be interesting if you will try to be entertained.

3 comments:

buttercup said...

Yeah Paul! I'll leave comments for you if you leave them for me. . :) Glad to see you've started a blog! Watch out it has been known to be somewhat addicting! Aren't you glad that I love you enough to leave a mercy comment?!

Anonymous said...

I would have paid money to see Jamba Juice squirt out your nose. If you had recorded it, you could have posted it on YouTube. That would have given you two adoring fan bases: visual and literary. You'd become a giant among pop culture, you'd have to hire body guards, and you'd soon become jaded and disillusioned. So, maybe it's better this way. Stick to the written word...no one knows how to read anymore, so you're safer.

Marc Gingell said...

Sounds an awful lot like someone is fishing.....luckily for you, you have family whose extent of human contact is largely with other humans under the age of 7. Therefore, my easily amused mind is likely to find your posts entertaining. Possibly more so than they actually are, but worthy of a smile or laugh and a comment nonetheless. Welcome to the blog world ;)